Donate now to “put a smile on someone’s face!“. Your contributions, no matter how small, will assist us provide food items, provide clothes, pay school fees and medical bills for individuals and families that cannot afford these.
Of a truth, we have successfully improved the lives of young people, women and children within its project areas and benefiting communities. The achievements listed below are some of our major achievements and we are proud to showcase them as follows:
- Between 2009 and 2010, AFRYDEF has impacted on the lives of over one hundred widows and the less privileged through its “Put a Smile on Someone’s Face” Project, which raises funds from the public and donates food items, clothes and other materials to the poor in Imo State, Nigeria.
- Between February and April, 2009, AFRYDEF’s Put a Smile Project Team was on the streets and raised funds for the donation of 40 (one-quarter) bags of rice, 100 buckets of beans, salts, assorted clothings to 40 widows from Atta in Ikeduru, LGA at the Soulwinners International Ministries, 2009 Women Conference held in April, 2009.
- Since 2000 till date, we have been organizing events to mark the annual World AIDS Day in Imo State, Nigeria.
- Since 2003 till date, AFRYDEF as member of the Global Health Council, USA, has been organizing the annual International AIDS Candlelight Memorial in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- In August, 2008 AFRYDEF successfully organized a National Economic Development Summit for Nigerian Youths at FSP Park, Wetheral Road, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria with support from City Nursing Services, USA.
- With support from the City Nursing Services, USA, AFRYDEF initiated and organized two HIV/AIDS edutainment projects: Testing 4 Life campaign and Voices that Care! in December, 2007 and January, 2008 respectively in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- With support from Actionaid International, Nigeria, AFRYDEF successfully organized week-long activities to mark the “2007 AIDS WEEK” in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria in May, 2007.
- In partnership with Zenith Computer Technologies, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria, AFRYDEF awarded full and partial scholarships for the training of 50 youths in Computer and Information Technology (ICT4Youths) between 2007 and 2009.
- With funding from the Imo State Government, AFRYDEF trained four hundred (400) Secondary School Principals and Directors of the Imo State Secondary Education Management Board on Capacity Building for the Effective Management of the Secondary School System in Imo State, Nigeria in February, 2002.
- With funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID/OTI), AFRYDEF in collaboration with the Committee for Advancement of Justice (CAJ) trained fifty (50) youth leaders from the oil producing communities of Imo State in Peace building and Conflict resolution and instituted an Early Warning and Conflict Monitoring Network, called the Movement to Save Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta Youths between December, 2000 and February, 2001.
- With book donations from UNESCO, WHO, Population Reference Bureau, Family Health International, etc, AFRYDEF established a Multi-purpose Development Resource Center at Umuokanne, Ohaji/Egbema LGA, Imo State in 2005.
- In 2001, AFRYDEF reported the outbreak of an unknown child-killer disease in Ohaji, Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State. The report promptly enlightened the people of the affected communities as well as facilitated the quick intervention of the State Government and other international agencies.
Remember, “He that gives to the poor lends to the Lord and the Lord would pay him back…”
Thank you for your donations!